Simplified Flange Maintenance with Equalizer Flange Tools
Following the successful acquisition of Equalizer International, we are pleased to introduce a new portfolio of tools.
Equalizer tools provide a safe, cost effective and simple solution for your flange alignment, flange spreading and flange pulling applications. The Equalizer range of tools have been developed to simplify the maintenance of flange joints. The innovative product range includes flange spreading, aligning and pulling tools together with a series of hand pumps. All tools are supplied as ready to-use sets.
Flange Spreading Tools
The Equalizer range of patented flange spreading tools has been developed to aid and simplify the maintenance of flange joints. The spreaders use mechanical and hydraulic actuation for separating flanges and can spread small, medium or large flange joints.
- For use on small, medium or large flange joint
- Minimum required access gap of 0.16 in (4 mm)
- Spreading force of 54 tons (480 kN) when used in pairs
- ATEX Certified
- No pinch points
- For use on small diameter, lower pressure flange joints
- Minimum access gap of 0.08 in (2 mm)
- Spreading force of 15.3 tons (136 kN) when used in pairs
- For use on all flange types with bolt-hole sizes ranging from 0.69 in (17.5 mm) to 4.25 in (108.0 mm)
- For use on flange joints with no access gap or where there is a spacer, wafer or butterfly valve positioned between the flanges
- Spread by locking into the flange bolt holes and pulling the mating flanges away from each other
- Spreading force of up to 56.2 tons (500 kN) when used in pairs
Valve Change-Out Tools
Using the same technology as the SG Secure-Grip flange spreaders, the VC Valve Change-Out tools have been developed for the removal of valves, spades/spacers or gaskets from large flange joints.
Valve Change-Out Tools
- For use on all flange types with bolt-hole sizes ranging from 1.50 in (38.1 mm) to 4.25 in (108.0 mm)
- Adjustable to enable the tool to operate in a range of applications
- Spreading force of up to 22.4 tons (200 kN) when used in pairs as recommended.
- Infinitely reconfigurable – by utilizing the supplied extensions and adjusting the length of the tension rod, the tools can be reconfigured to suit a huge range of flange joint thicknesses, from 0 to 27.2 in (690 mm).
Flange Alignment Tools
The Equalizer patented range of alignment tools addresses the rotational or lateral misalignment that occurs within flange joints. Alignment of flanges is an essential part of ensuring a leak-free bolted flange joint. There are many causes of misalignment; over-hanging weight, pipe support positioning and fabrication tolerances for example. Compared with traditional, manual approaches, the Equalizer tools offer a much safer quicker and effective means of realigning flanges.
- For use on horizontal or vertical flanges including ANSI/ASME, API, BS, DIN and SPO
- Operate on most pipe configurations with minimum bolt-hole diameters of 0.63 in (16.0 mm) – 1.40 in (35.5 mm)
- Reaction force of up to 10.1 tons (90 kN)
Wind Tower Flange Tools
- For use on applications with minimum bolt-hole diameters of 1.0’ in (25.0 mm) – 1.78’ in (45 mm)
- Used to resolve bolt-hole misalignment on flanges inside wind turbine tower sections during their assembly or installation
- Reaction force of up to 27 tons (270 kN)
Flange Pulling Tools
The Equalizer Flange Closing Tool has been developed to pull flanges together during installation or maintenance.
- For use on all vertical and horizontal flanges including ANSI/ASME, API, BS, DIN and SPO with a minimum bolt-hole diameter of 0.87 in (22.0 mm)
- Closing force of up to 22.4 tons (200 kN) when used in pairs
- Can pull flanges from a distance of 23.62 in (600.0 mm) down to 0.00 in (0.0 mm)
Hydraulic Sealed Hand Pumps
The Equalizer range of hydraulic hand-pumps have been designed with a sealed oil reservoir, which allows the pumps to be used in any orientation without the risk of oil spills or air contamination. The pumps can be used to operate any Equalizer 10,000 psi (690 bar) rated hydraulic equipment in most environments including onshore, topside or subsea.
- Each pump is available in 350cc, 550cc and 1000cc capacity versions.
- The single and twin-port hand pumps are also available with ATEX rating.
- Two speed
Equalizer Tool Range