New Battery Powered Machine Skates for Industrial Movers
Moving heavy industrial machinery is always a challenge - especially in confined spaces where conventional methods are either labour intensive or unsafe.
The new EMLS/EMV Series Battery-Powered Machine Skates are the latest addition to the Enerpac portfolio and are designed especially for Industrial Machine Movers and Millwrights.
Safely and remotely position loads of up to 55 tons with a single operator
EMLS/EMV Series Machine Skates are self-propelled, eliminating the need to manually push or pull the load. They also ensure the safety of the operator by allowing them to work at a safe distance away from the load. The single user operation allows machine movers to tackle more projects with fewer resources, therefore more quickly recouping their initial investment.
Fully compliant to the ASME B30.1 standard, this range of battery- powered machine skates keeps the load close to the ground, reducing the overhead clearance required to move the load through a facility, and more importantly, increasing safety.
High maneuverability, precise control
The dual-drive motors and a 360-degree tilt swivel saddle provide agility in small areas and around tight corners. The wireless remote-control includes two joysticks to advance and steer the load, and precise speed adjustment for changing conditions.
The onboard power source makes it easier to move the load when the condition of the floor isn't perfectly smooth or level. It provides the capability to travel over inclines of up to 3% and across ground gaps of up to 0.55" (14mm). The setup process is easy, as the wireless controller automatically pairs with the machine skates immediately on start-up.
Up to 4x faster
These battery-powered machine skates allow you to get the job completed up to 4 times faster than conventional methods. Fully loaded, they travel up to 26 feet (8m) per minute and run for up to an impressive 3 hours on a single charge - giving you the potential to move loads over 1200m without the need to switch the battery.
The 55-ton model makes it possible to both lift and transport from the single unit, significantly speeding up the load moving process by reducing the number of tools involved.
Wireless remote control operation keeps operator at safe distance
Dual motors and simple controls make tight spaces easier to navigate.
Up to 26.2 ft/min improves productivity so saves money compared to manual methods.
Features and Benefits Summary
- Position loads of up to 55T with this self-propelled solution, designed specifically for machine movers
- Single user operation allows you to quickly recoup your initial investment, tackling more projects with fewer resources.
- Maneuver around tight corners, obstacles, and even inclines up to 3% with the agile dual-drive motors and 360-degree tilt swivel saddle.
- Runs for up to 3 hours on a single charge, giving you the potential to move loads over 1200m without the need to switch out the 24V battery on a single battery / single charge.*
- Up to 4 x faster than manual methods, travelling at up to 8m per minute fully loaded
- Remote control keeps your operator safe by eliminating the need to manually push or pull
- Responsive controls for precise speed adjustment allowing you to adapt to changing conditions
- Consistent and repeatable performance allows you to reliably estimate project costs ahead of time